Serving Lincolnshire since 1625
The Ferry Boat has been in Washingborough since 1625. At that time, the River Witham ran alongside the pub and the landlord ran a ferry service for those wishing to cross the water.
Today The Ferry Boat is a traditional, family-friendly pub located on Washingborough High Street. We serve a wide range of fresh cooked food and delicious drinks as well as live music, quizzes and much more.
We have a spacious car park, outside seating area, open fire and a brand new TV on which we show any sport or other events available on Freeview. This includes FA Cup football, Six Nations rugby and Wimbledon tennis. We also have a children’s menu that’s available during all of our food service hours.
We cater for functions of any size or type and we’re always happy to discuss bespoke requests and requirements.
Ever So “Environmentally” Sensible
Climate change is a real threats to all our futures, we all need to start doing things differently before it is too late. As a business we actively take steps to be more sustainable. Whilst we can’t change everything immediately, we have made a start, see below.
- Increasing “plant-based” food items on all our menus
- Reducing food waste throughout our sites
- Smaller changes like switching to eco-friendly straws, napkins, and toilet rolls.
- Reviewed our waste recycling and now separate our food waste, glass and cardboard.
- Working with suppliers to reduce unnecessary packaging.
- Switching all our Electric and Gas to a of 100% renewable energy supplier
- Started making the change from gas cookers to electric induction cookers in our kitchens.
- As our hot water boilers need replacing these will become electric rather than gas
- Some of our sites even give their vegetable off-cuts away as animal feed!
- Where possible, we are installing electric car charging points in our car parks. The MD now drives a fully electric car with other company vehicles being Hybrids.
We will keep looking for changes we can make now and in the future. If you can suggest other practical and sensible action we can undertake please let us know 🙂
We are open…
Mon 12 noon – 11pm
Tue 12 noon – 11pm
Wed 12 noon – 11pm
Thu 12 noon – 11pm
Fri 12 noon – 12 midnight
Sat 12 noon – 12 midnight
Sun 12 noon – 11pm
12 noon – 9.00pm